Sunday 11 November 2007

chain flic, 8 i thinks

The previous link is http://oxygenchameleon.wordpress.com/2007/11/10/chainfic-link-7/
The first link is http://matt-boothman.livejournal.com/8136.html#cutid2
The next link has a lot to live up to.
sirens


I'd always hated Neo's damn flute, but right now i think that it is the only think that is keeping me insane, which is what i want to be. The loopy ups and downs of the one awful song that he has ever learnt to play plague my mind, and i contemplate rolling sideways into the bog, to be forever engulfed with my beloved. But then what if The Book is wrong, what if this is it? Suicide is always riskier when the belief in an afterlife is tested, and i don't quite know what to believe any more. If there is a God then surely Jack's fall could have been avoided.
I was left lying breathlessly on my back with countless wonderings about my faith, the same ringing song from far away in my ears, the stench of the bog, and the question of why Neo didn't save Jack when he fell. I stood up and snatched the wondrous red flute from Neo's hands and tossed into the bog; after all, with a head like this, how can i bear to listen to Your misses is a nutter for the rest of the day.
Then the fox....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gareth, anyone who wants to track down the other parts will have to copy and paste the link into ur browser, cos i was never awake enough in i.t to work out how to do it properly.

Matt said...

Installment number nine is here:

http://matt-boothman.livejournal.com/10085.html